The Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP) is an Intergovernmental Agreement that seeks to achieve and maintain a favourable conservation status for species listed under its Annex 1. Applications are sought to undertake a secondment under the ACAP Secondment Programme. The Agreement has established a secondment programme for the purpose of building capacity within its Parties and as a means of achieving tasks within the current work programmes of its Advisory Committee (see AC8 Doc 16 Rev 3) and Secretariat (see AC8 Doc 19 Rev 1).
Funding is available for travel and living costs associated with secondees undertaking a placement at the Agreement’s Secretariat in Hobart or at another organisation. It is expected that the proposed secondment will meet the following criteria:
1. The work to be undertaken addresses a task identified in the Advisory Committee’s or Secretariat’s Work Programme, and/or is deemed to be of high importance to achievement of the Agreement’s objective.
2. The task proposed is international in nature e.g. the outcomes will be of relevance to more than one country.
3. The funds allocated will not be used for the purpose of paying salaries. It is expected that the applicant’s institution will continue to pay the applicant’s salary.
4. The task to be undertaken has a capacity-building focus.
5. The funds allocated will be primarily used for travel, accommodation and per diem costs.
6. The applicant has received in-principle agreement from the Host Country to host this work.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the relevant Working Group Convenor, the Advisory Committee Chair, Vice-chair, or the Secretariat to discuss their proposal. Completed Secondment Application Forms, available from the ACAP Home Page (www.acap.aq) in English, French and Spanish, should be submitted directly to the ACAP Secretariat. It is desirable that applications are submitted in English in order to limit translation costs; however submissions in any other Agreement language will also be accepted.
All applications should be forwarded to the Secretariat by close of business on Monday, 23 February 2015.
ACAP Secretariat, 09 December 2014